CHRISTMAS

December 10, 2008 | |

I love Christmas at Damansara ever since I moved here more than a year ago. The season’s decorations at the nearest malls are whitey fanciful and filled with joyous spirits. Pardon me, though because I don’t exactly venture out to the more eclectic city of Kuala Lumpur; the plusher malls might have brighter and more gargantuan Christmas trees.

The people of my native are generally fond of Jesus’ birthday more so than the Americans, as far as I could see. During my precious college years in the States, Christmas had been nothing but a passive celebration in my eyes. But oh, I do miss the delectable marriage between the big fat American-bred turkey and cranberry sauce.

This year, the number of thrift stalls in The Street’s flea market area has risen and there are an abundance of colorful for one’s eyes to feast upon. I was hunting down some marshmallow santas and gingerbreadmen but look what I found instead.





At only MYR 49, this baby is definitely a steal. The flower details managed to enthral every bit of me. I’m a lover of all things ye olde and English. I haven’t had a blue handbag in my collection, what more of a vintage-y design. My heart is telling me that it will go well with my other floral dresses, particularly the yellow-based, summer-y Work of Art piece.

A wonderful-est Christmas find indeed.