DOUBLE

November 24, 2008 | |

Fashion’s most elitist bunny Fifi Lapin had covered the wonders of Chanel’s ready-to-wear collection for Fall 2008. I wouldn’t normally gush over fashion presented on runaways but the styles of these particular dresses are just my cup of tea (with the right amount of sugar). In other words, I have worn something close to these from a long time ago without bearing the double Cs half-inverted.









However, I am hooked on these double-toned tights— a pair costs approximately USD 250.






Being a fan of tights and having bought no more than MYR 30 each from either Sawks Avenue or Soxworld, I wonder if these are as durable as leather. For that price, I would expect it not to rip at all. I would expect it not to even tear if I run my sharpest, most painful pair of scissors on it. If Chanel’s tights are really that resilient, then I would consider it well-priced perfection. Something worth coveting for, at least while the air is still icy in the Western hemisphere. Perfection except, again, for the signature double Cs.

I can never set my heart on showy designer emblems.