RUBIS

October 16, 2008 | |


Well, I must say that I’m also proud of the latest baby in my family of bags. I got it from a little cart stall in the heart of Ikano Power Centre called Furry Tails, which in my opinion is the best place to find vintage-inspired pieces. I bargained this baby well; the assistant basically told me that it looks designer-ish on purpose. I simply purchased it because I adored the combo of dark colors rather than its design-y-whatever-you-name-it shape. But now that I’m wearing this quite frequently, I only realized that the owner had a valid point. It could be inspired, it could be a knock-off. I couldn’t tell which is which- pardon me for my lack of knowledge in the trend department.




Bag, Furry Tails.


So on my quest to find a plausible identical designer twin, I found Counterfeit Chic instead. The website features well-written articles regarding fishy similarities between one high-end designer and the other; a knockoff and the real deal and more updates on the copycats off Project Runway. It’s an educational read although the tone can be condescending at one point or another. I didn’t find the answer to my bag but I did find that couture is no longer untouchable. Unbelievable, no? That little piece of information alone was sufficient enough for me to stop my quest.

Enlightened much!