HANDMADE?

October 17, 2008 | |

Fridays were usually lighter for me. A screening session in the morning and blissful blankness in the afternoon. But today I had to visit a sister college together with my colleagues and eager students for an art showcase by the graduating students. I brought my sister along and we met up with my old friend Luq who was working on the showcase.




Bag, free from (ak.'sa.ra); Shoes, Vans.

We saw choppy student films and admired manipulated photo works. My sister sent me to the university in the rain; our shoes were bathing in puddles and I was cold as the night approached. I presented my group’s paper on women’s magazines in cold feet but I was glad that all of us girls did a wonderful job. My friends asked if I had drawn the hands on my feet and sewn the thread on my bag. I replied with a ‘yes, sure.’ ‘I also make my own shirt and jeans and everything else,’ I added. And they marveled at that.

Some people just tend to chew my jokes literally, it’s painful. And now I need to bury my head in the core of my pillow- I need my sleep so much!