CITRON

October 8, 2008 | |



Glasses, Muse; Cardigan, Nichii; Top, Unknown; Skirt, Oriental at Isetan KLCC; Shoes, E-Kiss.

The past few days had been quite unwelcoming; yesterday was the peak of my frustration. I was just completely distraught with what I have to go through in my graduate school. It has nothing to do with grades, no. There were just some situations that I was disagreeable with. I know it’s a bit repulsive to start off this blogspace with such pessimism but it was too hurtful.

So at night, I hid myself in my bedroom (or rather, my bedroom-cum-open closet lately) and mapped out some colors— mustard, lemon, milk white— just anything to sew back the wounds. And luck had it that I found this cardigan. I never wore it because it reminds me of that tasteless citrus smell of squeaky clean cars. But according to this advice, the color should be able to make me happy. Colors of lemon drops are wholesome for the heart. Like medicine, the yellow hues can mend the damage caused by tangible or emotional bleedings. I put some faith in that notion. Even one percent of happiness should do me good.

I awoke the morn today, stared first thing at the mirror and saw my eyes looking brighter than before. I had my sleep, I was still a bit distressed but at least I had some sleep. That’s one good sign, I told myself. One reason to be one percent happier than before. Later, I threw the cardigan on and I must say that it worked out its own miraculous ways. It got along well with my flowery skirt, the most expensive I’ve owned so far. The sunny tone made my heart still; it matched the color of the bright day outside. And the matching shoes just added a pinch of a smile on my face.

So note to self: a couple of extra hours of sleep and a drop of yellow is what I need to be less low.

PS And oh, being featured with my classmates on Jin's Hitz.FM blog is a sweet boost too. It was the same with the wonderful fudge-filled chocolate and cheese cupcakes from Choffles that I had during tea at work. They certainly made life glorious!