DICHOTOMIE

October 24, 2008 | |


Here is a glimpse of the fabrics belonging to a pair of my new dresses. They were calling for me, and I had to make them my own. The afternoon skies were pouring quite heavily, but I had errands to run at the neighboring township of Uptown. There were a number of independent boutiques scattered all across the landscape, seducing the impish shopper in me. And of all the boutiques, I saw Little Black Book— a charming one with a huge selection of extra-chunky belts of delicious colors and dresses of the floral, sand-beachy kind. Each garment was available in very few numbers, making them all together unique. But of all the big, flowery genus, I fell in love with the golden circusesque dress. It has a tamed collection of diagonal lines, which really made my nerves quiver.

As for the blue polka-dot beauty, I met her at Cats Whiskers. I’ve always wanted a figure-licking polka-dot dress in cornflower blue and white to go with some sheer tights to spend the night out. And Cats Whiskers has always been the kind of boutique that has everything that you can think of in its stomach. So voila, the blue dress was in store for the day! I shall scribble more on this practical little gem someday (it’s really worth getting to know the Catty establishment!). But for now, I’m thinking that some days are just fated to be great days to find a lucky match in your shopping list. No matter how well-stocked a store is, you might need a little luck for the day.